Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things Asians Like #1 - Bowl Cuts

If any Asian dude looks at their pictures from Ages 8-11, then they will most likely be donning a fresh bowl cut. Bowl cuts are synonymous with Asian culture, hence I think all Asians had a bowl cut at one time in their lives, either that or a rat tail (I was lucky enough to have both). In fact, urban dictionary describes the hairstyle as “a haircut usually worn by Asian men” and the sentence they use is “Look that Jap has a bowl cut.” Hilarious.

Yes, I once rocked a bowl cut and I loved that shit. I used to part it right down the middle and even worse, I would lift up the hair that draped down and shave underneath… so bad ass. I even remember once having my bowl cut reach my eyes and I actually thought that was cool. I think I might try to bring the bowl cut back…

My mother must not have taken too many pics from what I like to cut “my bowl cut years,” but luckily my friend Rudy was nice enough to dig out this portrait of himself… This is classic, notice how the bowl cut is well matched with the denim jacket…

2 comments: